5 Arrested After Brighton Mall Shooting

TOWNSHIP OF GREEN OAK – Following a gunshot that took place late on Thursday night inside the Green Oak Village Place mall, five suspects were taken into custody.

At approximately 11 o’clock in the evening, Chief Steven Kramer of the Green Oak Township Police Department told the Livingston Daily that the event was caused by what he referred to as a “organized retail fraud” at the Ulta Beauty store located in the mall.

According to Kramer, one of the vehicles that was thought to be connected to the suspects at the scene had a license plate from the state of New Jersey.

5 Arrested After Brighton Mall Shooting

source: news.yahoo.

Kramer stated that Green Oak Township officers were aided by troopers from the Michigan State Police and that no one was harmed as a result of the event. However, the police did not provide an explanation as to what led to the shooting.

Lt. Rene Gonzalez, the public information officer for the first district of the State Police, stated that there has been a run of events at Ulta Beauty stores across the country, but the police did not yet know whether or not this crime was connected to the others. Retail locations of Ulta sell a variety of cosmetics and other items related to beauty.

According to Kramer, the event took place at approximately 8:10 p.m.

After what authorities described as an orchestrated retail fraud and a gunshot that took place at the Green Oak Village Place mall on Thursday, January 12, 2023, five suspects are currently in police custody.

Detectives from the State Police are conducting an investigation into the incident. The identities of the five suspects, including their ages, hometowns, and genders have not been made public. The Green Oak Village Place shopping centre can be found close to Brighton in the 9600 block of Village Place Boulevard, which is situated to the east of US-23 and south of Interstate-96. It features around 40 different shops and dining establishments.

In a message made on Twitter around 9:30 p.m., state police stated that there was no danger to the general public, despite the fact that the agency was not disclosing any further data that were available at the time.

About The Author

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top
%d bloggers like this: