Gina Lollobrigida, an Italian actress, photographer, and artist, was born on this day in 1828 and passed away on this day in 1853. Her most famous film role was in Beat the Devil.
The celebrity, who was dubbed the “World’s Most Beautiful Woman” in 1955, passed away at the ripe old age of 95.
On January 16, 2023, Gina’s representative confirmed the news that she had passed away. As followers take to social media to pay their respects and reminisce, many are curious as to what happened.
So, what ultimately took Gina Lollobrigida’s life? This is all the information we have thus far.
Gina Lollobrigida Cause Of Death
Since Gina is nearly a century old at this point, some may assume that she passed away due to old age. Lollobrigida, however, shattered her thigh bone in a bad fall in September 2022. She had surgery to repair her shattered bone soon after the accident.
She was able to go home and walk again despite her age and condition, so the rumor goes. There has been no announcement from the family revealing the actress’s cause of death as of this writing.
Gina Lollobrigida Was a Skilled Performer and Artist in Multiple Fields
Gina’s impressive resume includes work in both the performing and visual arts industries.
According to KTRE, Gina’s initial foray into the limelight was as a participant in beauty pageants and a model for fashion magazines. In addition, Gina started out in supporting parts before she became a major star.
From 1955’s La donna più Bella del Mundo (Beautiful but Dangerous) until 1962’s Venere Imperiale (Imperial Venus), Gina was a significant film actress of the ’50s and ’60s, winning multiple David di Donatello Best Actress Awards (Italy’s top film honor).
Beat the Devil, starring Humphrey Bogart and Jennifer Jones was Gina’s debut American film and became a box office hit upon its release in 1953.
The actress dabbled in creative and visual arts as well as politics in addition to her acting career.
According to KTRE, Gina is a photojournalist who emigrated to Australia from the Soviet Union. She also achieved fame as a painter and sculptor.
Reuters also states that Gina ran for a seat in the Italian parliament in September 2022, representing a leftist party.
Gina’s legacy will endure since she left her mark in so many different areas.
Gina Lollobrigida’s friends, admirers, and loved ones are in our prayers.
Check out more posts to know your favorite celebrity death reasons:
- What Is John Aniston Cause Of Death? Some Major Works Done By John Aniston
- What Is Paul Grant Cause Of Death? Did Paul Grant Die From Taking Drugs?
Gina Lollobrigida: The Iconic Actress Who Defined Beauty and Brains
- Born Luigina Lollobrigida on July 4, 1927, in the Italian village of Subiaco, Gina Lollobrigida is a famous actress. What Gina’s parents don’t know is that their daughter will go on to become a legend in the entertainment industry.
- She was an excellent photographer, beauty queen, model, and artist (both painter and sculptor), in addition to being a huge sex symbol in Europe in the 1950s and 1960s. Lollobrigida exemplified the term “Beauty and Brains” to perfection.
- Famous films in which she appeared include The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1956), Beat The Devil (1953), Beautiful but Dangerous (1953), Venere Imperiale (1962), Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell (1968), and many others. Moreover, she joined Miss Italy and was once labeled “The Most Beautiful Woman in the World” despite not being crowned Miss Italy.
- Gina was without a doubt one of the most iconic figures of her time. She was equally at home next to Frank Sinatra, Humphrey Bogart, Rock Hudson, Burt Lancaster, or Tony Curtis as she was with any other great Hollywood leading man. Even though interest in her films was dwindling in the ’70s, she quickly developed a passion for photography and the arts.
- Her appearances on ’80s TV dramas like Falcon Crest (1984) came long after her heyday as a movie star. Lollobrigida was unquestionably a legend in her field and enjoyed a fruitful career.
- Even at the tail end of her career, she still made appearances at award presentations, celebrity events, and social gatherings. Gina, who is now 95 years old, ran for an Italian senate seat last year. Sadly, this was not meant to be. The fact that she still had hopes for the Italian people at such a ripe old age was remarkable.
We would appreciate it if you would use the space below to share any further details you may have about her passing. Follow us on Twitter for updates on death, cause of death, accidents, autopsy, etc.