Coors Field, the home of the Colorado Rockies, is the subject of this guide. Attending a baseball game can be entertaining, but it is also a unique experience for which you should prepare in advance. Before traveling to the game, you’ll want to know certain crucial policies and procedures, as well as the location of the stadium gate and parking lot.
In this article we will discuss:
- What to bring to a Colorado Rockies Game
- Colorado Rockies Ticket Information
- Colorado Rockies Stadium Gate Information
- Does Coors Field Accept Cash?
- How Long are the Rockies Games?
What to Bring to a Colorado Rockies Game?
Check out this list if you’re planning on attending a Colorado Rockies game. There may be security precautions in place at the stadium that you should be aware of:
- Parking Pass – Many stadiums recommend fans to pre-purchase parking passes if needed to help avoid the hassle and wait times associated with buying passes at the stadium. Click here to view the current prices of Colorado Rockies parking passes and tickets available at Vivid Seats (paid affiliate link takes you to VividSeats.com)
- Weather and Sun protection – Coors Field is an open-air stadium, which means you will want to be prepared to face the elements when you attend a Colorado Rockies game. Things like sunscreen, hats, jackets, and rain ponchos may be needed depending on weather forecasts.
- Bug Repellent – Because Coors Field is open-air, bugs may be an issue during summer. Just make sure your bug repellent meets stadium safety guidelines for aerosol cans.
- Camera – Some fans like to bring a camera into the game. Just make sure your camera meets the stadium requirements regarding cameras and video recorders.
- Noise-Canceling Headphones – Stadiums can get very loud, and noise-canceling headphones may be needed for toddlers.
- Cashless Payment – Many stadiums are slowly transitioning to cashless payments, so bringing a form of payment other than cash is never a bad idea.
- Baseball Glove – Some fans like to bring a baseball glove to the stadium in hopes of catching a foul ball.
Can You Bring a Bag Into Coors Field?
Most stadiums have changed their luggage regulations in recent years due to an increased focus on security. Clear stadium bags, such as this one from Amazon, are often recommended by venues (paid affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
The use of transparent stadium bags speeds up the screening process at the gate, making the venue a safer place for everyone. Each stadium has its own set of rules, which may include certain variances to the general rule of thumb. To learn more about the Rockies, I recommend checking out the information guide.
Colorado Rockies Ticket Information
Can You Buy Tickets at Coors Field?
The Colorado Rockies plan to begin using digital tickets in 2022. To help you purchase digital tickets, the stadium’s ticket booths are open to the public. As long as supplies last, you can buy tickets straight from the team’s website or the MLB Ballpark app. Ticket brokers such as StubHub and Vivid Seats also sell tickets.
Coors Field’s ticket office is located near the home plate entrance on the corner of 20th and Blake streets (view).
Coors Field’s Rockies Ticket Office is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. MST on weekdays, and 10 a.m. until the top of the 7th inning on weekends for Rockies home games. Closing hours will be extended to the top of the 7th inning for all home games. Information about how to get in touch with us is available on this page.
Additionally, you can buy straight from the team by downloading the MLB Ballpark App on your mobile device. You may use the MLB Ballpark app to access, manage, and use your tickets for free. You may find out more about the Ballpark App here.
To learn more about purchasing Rockies tickets at the stadium, check out our page on the subject. You can also check out our guide to selecting the best location to buy Rockies tickets if you’re seeking more information.
Coors Field Gate Information
Gates A and E at Coors Field open two hours before game time, but fans must remain in the Left Field Pavilion until 90 minutes before the start of the game. Gates A and E at Coors Field open two hours before the start of the game, while the other gates open 90 minutes before the start of the game.
One entrance may make more sense for you based on your parking location and the location of your seats. Visit our Coors Field Gate and Parking Guide to learn more about the locations of each and which parking lots make the most sense for you.
As soon as the stadium gates open, fans will be able to enter to watch batting practice. For more details, see our piece on what it’s like to watch Coors Field batting practice.
How Long Do Rockies Games Last?
If you’re going to a Colorado Rockies game, anticipate it to last somewhere between three and three and a half and four hours, depending on the game’s pace. Major League Baseball games in 2021 are expected to last an average of three hours and ten minutes (source).
Major League Baseball is focusing on the length of games as a way to improve the sport’s tempo of play, which many fans believe is lacking. Although MLB has taken attempts to reduce the game length in recent years, the results of these actions are currently being evaluated.
Only doubleheader games are played with a shorter total number of inning lengths in Major League Baseball. For a game at Coors Field, a three-to-four-hour time frame is generally the best bet. To learn more about the average length of MLB games, check out our page on the subject.
Buying Colorado Rockies Gear at the Stadium
Near the First Base Gate of Coors Field, there is a team store where you can purchase Rockies jerseys and other fan paraphernalia. In addition to shopping online before the game, you can also do so at the game itself. Visit our Rockies Jersey Guide for additional information.
Can You Bring Water Into Coors Field?
A plastic beverage bottle holding water is required for entry into Coors Field according to stadium policy. Glass bottles, aluminum cans, and metal cans of any kind are banned from the stadium.
Does Coors Field Accept Cash Inside the Stadium?
Coors Field does not accept cash. Most major credit and debit cards are accepted at some of the merchants, along with Apple Pay and Google Pay. The park provides reverse ATMs so that visitors can easily turn their cash into a prepaid card.
As long as you know where to look for the reverse ATMs (located in the clock tower area), there is no shortage of possibilities no matter where you sit in the theatre. Preliminary research with the Rockies’ information guide is always recommended.
Colorado Rockies Contact Info
Neither the Colorado Rockies, MLB, nor any of the activities held at Coors Field are affiliated with this website (sportsfanfocus.com).
While we do our best to maintain these instructions up-to-date, we cannot guarantee their accuracy at all times because all information is supplied “as is” with no promise of completeness. Please contact the Colorado Rockies for official information. Here is where you may reach us: