Texas Police Are Searching for a Criminal Who Followed a Woman for Miles Before Robbing and Paralysing Her

A mother of three has been left paralysed after a man suspected of robbing her followed her for almost 24 miles in Texas and then slammed her to the ground with his body. On February 13, 44-year-old Nhung Truong was attacked in front of a shopping centre in Houston as she was going to buy plane tickets to Vietnam.

After getting money from the Bank of America on Blackhawk Blvd., the woman was reportedly followed for almost 24 miles. Ms. Truong told the police that the man had come up to her and tried to take an envelope full of cash from her.

Surveillance footage showed the man grabbing Ms. Truong from the front as she dropped her things to the ground. The attacker can be seen running away with what he thought was a cash envelope, but he came back seconds later. He then picked up the woman and threw her to the ground with his whole body.

In a statement, the Houston Police Department said, “The suspect took the envelope with the money and ran away.” The suspect is accused of stealing $4,300 from the woman. She had been saving the money so she could go see her family in Vietnam.

The violence hurt the woman’s spinal cord, leaving her unable to move her legs. Ms. Truong is taken care of by her family, which includes her 13-, 15-, and 20-year-old children. Fox26 reported that Ms. Truong said, “I feel very awful and sad at the same time.”

Her kids told her that they were worried about how they would pay their bills. The victim’s daughter said, “I can still go to school, but my mind is all messed up when I think about her and worry that nobody will look out for her.”

 here is teh tweet  by fmtoday GE15 voting trends put PH hold on Selangor under threat.

“It’s been horrible. We have bills to pay, and she’s the only one who can work and help us out. “We have no idea what to do.” So far, $53,000 has been raised through a GoFundMe page set up by Ms. Truong’s family to help pay for her medical bills.

The woman’s recovery time has grown to over two years, according to an update on the fundraiser. “This means that we can’t work and must take care of her around the clock.”

“…she was supposed to get out of the hospital on March 9, 2023, but her health hasn’t gotten better enough yet, so the date has been moved to March 15, 2023.” The suspect is a Black man in his early 20s, according to the police.

Read more;

About The Author

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top