Before the Riverside Killings, a Virginia Policeman Catfished a Teen

Virginia Policeman Catfished a Teen: After the suspect opened fire on a SWAT squad on Friday, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department was able to take his life. The guy was sought in connection with a horrific triple killing that occurred in Riverside.

A Young Person Was Duped by a Police Officer in Virginia

On Friday, the suspect in a horrific triple killing in Riverside opened fire on a SWAT squad and was killed by law enforcement from San Bernardino County. Authorities say that on Friday, November 25th, officers saw 28-year-old Austin Lee Edwards traveling south on Highway 247 in a red Kia Soul. Until SWAT teams could arrive, aircraft followed Edwards’ every move. Before the deputy’s arrival, the jets continued to pursue Edwards along Highway 62 and then Kelso Cima Road.

Edwards kept driving away as the team closed up on him, firing at the sheriff’s deputies. When he veered off the road, he lost command of the vehicle. Edwards got out of his car shortly after the collision and aimed his gun at a sheriff’s helicopter. The sheriff’s deputies opened fire on Edwards. It was determined that he had passed away there and then.

On Price Court in Riverside, Edwards was accused of killing Mark Winek, 69, Sharie Winek, 65, and Brooke Winek, 38. After committing those three murders, he is also suspected of kidnapping a young woman, age 15 at the latest. On Monday morning, police in Riverside claimed there was no evidence of an abduction. Although they were hot on her trail, the girl escaped unharmed. She is now in the care of a protective agency. Neither the killings nor the fire was suspected to have been started by her, according to the police.

Officer Ryan Railsback of the Riverside Police Department said, “We think at this point that the suspect was the sole one engaged in the deaths and in igniting the fire.” A spokesman for the Virginia State Police said in a Monday morning press release that Edwards had been hired and had started training on July 6, 2021. After completing his training on January 21, 2022, Edwards was assigned to the Richmond Division’s Henrico County.

According to Virginia State Police, Edwards resigned on October 28, 2022. According to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office in Virginia, Edwards was still working with the Virginia State Police when he sought for a position with their department. According to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Edwards had a clean background check. Neither the state police nor any of his other employers mentioned any problems, reprimands, or internal investigations involving Edwards.

On November 16th, 2022, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office recruited Edwards, and he was just finishing off his orientation before being sent out on patrol. After investigating, officers from Riverside found that Edwards had “catfished” the teen girl by posing as someone else online. The police were trying to determine if Edwards had attempted to do similar acts against other people.

Read more:

Virginia Policeman Catfished a Teen
We think he became interested in her to the point where they exchanged at least a few messages or phone conversations. Moreover, he was successful in obtaining her private data. Railsback said, “He managed to acquire her address.” Police here suspect Edwards came from Virginia to visit the girl on Friday; he allegedly parked in a neighbor’s driveway and walked over. The man is accused of killing the teen’s grandparents and mother before leading her to his car and driving away.

The neighbor whose driveway Edwards used stated the adolescent seemed upset since she was barefoot, “sobbing a little bit,” and tried to communicate with the woman by mouth. The neighbor (who also requested anonymity) said that Edwards was dressed all in black and was hiding his face behind a mask. She further mentioned that the suspect was returning to the automobile while toting a plastic bag and a black backpack.

I opened the garage door,” she said. There was a blank look on his face. When they tried to park there, I told them, “Hey, you can’t park here.” He truly expressed regret and regretfulness. The neighbor saw the guy get into his car, so he or she quickly took down the license plate number and contacted the police again.

When firemen arrived at the blazing home on Friday, they discovered the remains of the victims inside. According to Railsback, “the three adult victims were discovered sprawled on the ground in the front doorway” by responding firefighters. Once their bodies were brought outdoors, it was confirmed that they were murder victims. The victims’ underlying reasons for death were not disclosed right away. The home fire was caused by deliberate acts of arson.

According to Gonzalez, “this is another awful reminder that there are predators existing online who prey on our children.” Have another discussion with your children about the internet and social media safety if you’ve previously had one. If you haven’t already, you should begin right away so that they are safer.

Officer Railsback stated that it is standard practice to meet people online and lie about who you are to get what you want out of the relationship.

Riverside Police Chief Larry Gonzalez expressed his condolences to the Winek family and their loved ones, saying, “Our hearts go out to the Winek family and their loved ones during this time of profound sadness, as this is a tragedy for all Riversiders.”

Read more:

About The Author

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top